[MPlayer-users] How can i install skins for gmapleyr?

aviramof aviramof aviramof at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 19:26:43 CEST 2010

Ofir Aviram

Software Forum Manager Exlusive Forum

Aviramof Rotter.name

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> aviramof aviramof <aviramof <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > it a strange thing what is going on here if i install mplayer-gui after
> hard work on my side
>
> Please note that the gui is not maintained anymore. (That does not mean it
> does
> not work currently, but it might not work in the future.)
>
> Usually, smplayer is the recommended alternative.
>
> Carl Eugen

my problem now with the gmplayer and mplayer is that i can't uninstall the
svn version there is no sudo make uninstall option in the source.

you see the developer of smplayer have now released a new version of mplayer
for lucid which include
gui after hard work on my side in the ubuntu forums and it's working
perfectly but via terminal i'm still stuck with the
svn version that don't work for me with gmplayer skins.

the new package can be downloaded here:
https://launchpad.net/~rvm/+archive/testing

now when i write mplayer in terminal i still get the svn version and can't
open gmplayer from there but i can open gmplayer via /usr/bin/gmplayer i
guess it's the one that in the new package and not the one in the svn.

but it doesn't really matter i can see now that it's not a good player at
all i wanted to test the skins option but skins don't work for some unknown
reason and this player can't even browse ntfs mounted partitions so smplayer
and gnome-mplayer are the best option of  players in the end.