[MPlayer-users] No hebrew font windows-1255 can't use hebrew subtitles

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sat Apr 17 18:38:00 CEST 2010

> i have just reinstalled Ubuntu 10.04 completely meaning i formated and
> detected that i still have this problem with gnome-mplayer
> and smplayer and that libfribidi-dev is not installed by default with
> gnome-mplayer or smplayer at all and that hebrew windows 1255 is also not
> installed by default only iso-8859-8 maybe that is something that you
> should
> check and update in the next svn or official version of mplayer.

As I understand, the svn version _is_the_ official version. And thus, as
mplayer is published mainly in source-code only, it can not automatically
install dependencies.

If Ubuntu provides packages for gnome-mplayer or smplayer, it's the Ubuntu
people who decide what to put in that packages or what to make them depend
on. MPlayer developers have little influence on that.

Greets,
Kiste