[MPlayer-users] [Video stream] network stream recording with mplayer

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Wed Apr 14 14:33:39 CEST 2010

> I know about mencoder, but I don't understand if it can grab network
> stream
> video. If I use it for local files it's ok, but it isn't for http input.
> What is the correct syntax for network stream grab with mencoder?
> I'm Sorry but I don't understand
> Can you help me?

1. Not everyone on this list likes to see top-postings.

2. I haven't used mencoder on network streams before, but if mplayer can
get acces to the stream, it can pass it on via pipe. It should be possible
to run two tasks, one mplayer to recieve the stream, and one mencoder to
transcode it.

Greets,
Kiste