[MPlayer-users] Possible to get raw frames

Ivan ivan.q.public at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 13:24:04 CEST 2009

> It's faster if you specify -ss and -t before -i:
>
> ffmpeg -ss START_TIME -t DURATION -i MOVIE_FILE -f rawvideo
> RAW_OUTPUT_FILE

Very very much faster, I think you mean!  Thanks for the correction.
I haven't ever made much use of the -ss flag in ffmpeg, so I made a
wrong assumption after a quick test.

Interestingly, the faster way seems to always start one frame earlier
than the slower way, which would seem to be a bug (someone used 1-
based indexing for the frames instead of 0-based, I'll bet).

Ivan