[MPlayer-users] Bug: Wrong start OSD time when playing this m2ts file (uploaded)

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 16:52:50 CEST 2009

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:13:29 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Are you sure subtitles should be shown at all in the sample you uploaded (try to
> use better names in future, there are a few hundred files in that directory)?
> The sample ends before somebody speaks...

	Ok, sorry about the name. I uploaded too fast and forgot to
setup a proper name. But my intention was regarding the OSD time, but
as RC wrote that it's defined in the file, there's nothing MPlayer can
do. No problem, I'll just reencode it.

> sample-dts-not-valid-dca-frame.m2ts - the file that was used to test pgssub
> support - also does not start with 0:00, but subtitles are shown at the correct
> time (or at least with an offset smaller than the start time) with ffplay.

	I sent that file ;) Nice to see that it helped developers to
develop pgssub support. But the subtitle I was referring too is "srt"
format (pure text subtitle file).

	Anyway, no problem Carl. I understood that it's not MPlayer's
fault. I'll just reencode it since ffplay doesn't seem to support
vdpau, right? And ffplay is too slow here (Athlon64 X2 5600+ with
Geforce 9600GT). MPlayer is so much better.

	Thank you!

	Ps: I already changed this bug do INVALID. I'd like to ask: is
it worth to report bugs on the MPlayer bugzilla system? It seems just
few developers reply there...

--
Linux 2.6.31: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity