[MPlayer-users] Trouble with HD-PVR recordings

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Sep 9 10:40:10 CEST 2009

Charlie Gunyon <charles.gunyon <at> gmail.com> writes:

> mplayer -vo vdpau:deint=0 -vc ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau -correct-pts
> -autosync 0 -mc 1 -cache 8192 /dev/video0

-vo vdpau:deint=0 -autosync 0 are the defaults
I do not recommend to try correct-pts with PAFF streams (= H264 streams that
show the behaviour with MPlayer you describe)

> mplayer -vo vdpau:deint=0 -vc ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau -correct-pts
> -autosync 0 -mc 1 -cache 8192 -lavdopts
> skiploopfilter=all:skipframe=nonref /dev/video0

skiploopfilter has no effect with -vc *vdpau

> Frames are still dropped, and while I know I specified this, more are
> dropped than I specified.

You asked to drop (approximately) every second frame (skipframe=nonref), are you
sure the program drops even more? (The option allows deint=4 on my 8400 GS)

Please do not top-post, it is considered rude.

Carl Eugen