[MPlayer-users] Bug: Wrong start OSD time when playing this m2ts file (uploaded)

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Wed Sep 9 08:38:01 CEST 2009

> On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 23:54:11 +0200
> Nico Sabbi <nicola.sabbi at poste.it> wrote:
>
>> what makes you believe it's a bug? the timestamps may start anywhere and
>> even reset midway
>
> 	Well, I thought it should start at 00:00:00, no? Why it isn't
> this way? What's the reason for this?

I've just made my first DVB-T recording, and it was the longest
TV-production ever, a 24h-long documentary. It was aired starting at 6.00
a.m. to 6.00 a.m.

The timestamp starts at 35860, resetting from 95443.5 to 0 right in the
file and continuing to 26824. The file plays fine on mplayer and converts
fine on mencoder.

If a timestamp would need to start at 0, for every digital receiver a
special stream would have to be generated. While possible in theory for
internet streaming, it can't be done for DVB. Therefore it's essential
that a timestamp may start from anywhere.

Greets,
Kiste