[MPlayer-users] aconvert usage

Chris Szilagyi chris at apex-internet.com
Wed Oct 21 05:17:22 CEST 2009

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:08:03PM -0400, Chris Szilagyi wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I'm trying to use the "aconvert" utility to convert some Real Audio files
>> Windows Media Audio v2 files.  However, I cannot figure out how to encode
>> as
>> a format other than MP3.  I read the README in the TOOLS folder but it
>> doesn't have all of the options for this utility.
>>
>> If I do: "aconvert realaudiofile.rm windowsmediafile.wma", I get an MP3
>> encoded file.  I tried doing "aconvert realaudiofile.rm
>> windowsmediafile.wma
>>  -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=wmav2:abitrate=44", but I get the error:
>>
>> Option oac: Unknown suboption realaudiofile.rm
>> Error parsing option on the command line: -oac
>> Exiting... (error parsing command line)
>
> Try putting the options in quotes, so your command line would read:
>
> aconvert realaudiofile.rm windowsmediafile.wma "-oac lavc -lavcopts
> acodec=wmav2:abitrate=44"

Thanks, that got it to run without any errors.  It looks like it's using the
aac codec though and not wmav2, as midentify shows:

ID_AUDIO_CODEC=ffaac

And Windows Media Player will not play the file (it says that it's an
incorrect format).  I will play around with it some more... thank you very
much!

--
Chris