[MPlayer-users] aconvert usage

Marcus Blumhagen marcus.blumhagen at web.de
Tue Oct 20 15:30:17 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:08:03PM -0400, Chris Szilagyi wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I'm trying to use the "aconvert" utility to convert some Real Audio files to
> Windows Media Audio v2 files.  However, I cannot figure out how to encode as
> a format other than MP3.  I read the README in the TOOLS folder but it
> doesn't have all of the options for this utility.
>
> If I do: "aconvert realaudiofile.rm windowsmediafile.wma", I get an MP3
> encoded file.  I tried doing "aconvert realaudiofile.rm windowsmediafile.wma
>  -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=wmav2:abitrate=44", but I get the error:
>
> Option oac: Unknown suboption realaudiofile.rm
> Error parsing option on the command line: -oac
> Exiting... (error parsing command line)

Try putting the options in quotes, so your command line would read:

aconvert realaudiofile.rm windowsmediafile.wma "-oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=wmav2:abitrate=44"

Marcus

--
Marcus Blumhagen

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more
violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move
in the opposite direction."
                                                      -- Albert Einstein