[MPlayer-users] DVDNAV problem: subtitles

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Wed Nov 11 12:04:35 CET 2009

Dâniel Fraga wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:18:09 +0100
> Alexander Roalter <alex at roalter.it> wrote:
>
>> That might be true, but I can't imagine that this could be a final
>> solution, having to run some program in between to make it work, as up
>> to this moment everything (and also Disney DVDs) I have been able to
>> play with dvdnav, especially because it doesn't reed the unplayble
>> sectors and cells. Only recently though because of some complex cell
>> navigation (I assume) playback has a problem with two of my newest DVDs,
>> and in this case I still doubt your solution would work miracles, as it
>> is the jumping around (apparently) that doesn not work correctly, and
>> this is clearly a mplayer problem.
>
> 	Ok, I agree that MPlayer should be complete. It must read any
> DVD... but, you know, even DVDFab (and even AnyDVD) struggle to read
> some of the newer DVDs (try for example "Transformers 2").

Ok, if even those two struggle with it (Transformers 2 and Star Trek),
then I see no reason for ever using them, as mplayer was able to play
any other DVD up to date just without it.

> 	Anyway, when we finally all move to blu-ray, everyone will have
> to use AnyDVD HD :) I mean, you can say "I won't". Well... I doubt
> MPlayer will someday be as good as AnyDVD HD to decrypt most of the
> blu-rays.

Well, as long as there's no Blu-ray drive with white color (all you can
find nowadays are black drives and some silver ones), I won't put them
in my computer, do this is currently a no-go... :)

--
cheers,
Alex