[MPlayer-users] DVDNAV problem: subtitles

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:10:12 CET 2009

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:18:09 +0100
Alexander Roalter <alex at roalter.it> wrote:

> That might be true, but I can't imagine that this could be a final
> solution, having to run some program in between to make it work, as up
> to this moment everything (and also Disney DVDs) I have been able to
> play with dvdnav, especially because it doesn't reed the unplayble
> sectors and cells. Only recently though because of some complex cell
> navigation (I assume) playback has a problem with two of my newest DVDs,
> and in this case I still doubt your solution would work miracles, as it
> is the jumping around (apparently) that doesn not work correctly, and
> this is clearly a mplayer problem.

	Ok, I agree that MPlayer should be complete. It must read any
DVD... but, you know, even DVDFab (and even AnyDVD) struggle to read
some of the newer DVDs (try for example "Transformers 2").

	Anyway, when we finally all move to blu-ray, everyone will have
to use AnyDVD HD :) I mean, you can say "I won't". Well... I doubt
MPlayer will someday be as good as AnyDVD HD to decrypt most of the
blu-rays.

	I know, protection scheme is a pitty. But... we have to deal
with that. At least those who want to keep watching every movie release.

	Ps: but I totally support the idea that MPlayer must be
as auto-suficient as possible. The only problem is that I think it's
very difficult for MPlayer to reach that level.

--
Linux 2.6.31: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity