[MPlayer-users] -dumpstream and subtitles

Richard mplayer at jonze.com
Tue Mar 31 17:29:02 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've spent a while googling and looking through this list, but can find
no definitive answer to my question[1].

Is there a way, to *include* the language index information stored in the
IFO into a -dumpstreamed vob?

-sid works, -slang doesn't, the same for -aid and -alang. If I use
mencoder to subsequently pull the stream out that seems to work, but it
seems a little pointless when the information is already stored there.

Using the .ifo file does not error, but also does not make -slang work.

I don't mind using mencoder to pull the subtitle and audio streams out
and then remux them with the language information as, compared to
ripping, copy operations seem to be fairly quick.

I'm still quite new to this, so feel free to send links so I don't ask
any more stupid questions :|

Cheers,

Richard

[1] Which usually means, it can't (yet) be done :|

--
Richard Jones
MSN: msn.co.uk at jonze.com
Y!M: rwkjones