[MPlayer-users] **** Your system is too SLOW to play this! ****

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 08:32:14 CET 2009

Nicola Berndt pisze:

> I can only recommend using the latest nvdia drivers with vdpau support,
> wich means hardware decoding of mpeg1/2 h264 and vc1! These drivers kick
> ass and make your cpu load drop below 10% for 1080p movies. The only
> downside is that the menu is not working, osd and subs are fine, though.

But it's not 1080p, it's simple DVD 480i/p so even one core 2.40 GHz
should be more than enough to play this.
And as we seen in first post it is enought - CPU consumption 2-8%, but
VideoOutput ( X11 ) is at 48-50% with some output problems...

Lack of "Xv" video outputs sugests wrong or no video driver installed (
VESA? )

glxinfo | head -n 35
cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf

nv - this drivers aren't nVidia drivers, it's community drivers for
nVidia card which feature 2D parts only, so any *GL* outputs will be
slow as hell since it's done by MesaGL software ( so even slower than
"-vo x11" ). But it should have working XVideo extension.

noveaux - it's new community drivers for nVidia card but it's still in
early alpha stage. Anyone have it working with GF6+ series card? Anyone
have it working at all?

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/