[MPlayer-users] configure for win32

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 22:40:06 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <
dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:

> On Thursday, 19 March 2009 at 21:58, Greg Bryant wrote:
> > Is there a windows equivalent of the configure script for windows?  I
> know
> > there are binaries around, but I'd like to compile it myself.

If you're using MinGW, do a google search for the mplayer MinGW HOWTO. This
is one of the results:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/contrib/win32/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt

It's a little out of date, but it's a good start. You don't need to worry
about libdvdread and libdvdnav in
the latest SVNs anymore: they are included in the mplayer source tree.

Pay particular attention to the advice to use the --enable-static or
--disable-shared options when compiling
and installing the needed components.

And then just use

./configure --enable-static --prefix=/whateverprefixuwant

That should give you a good static build that avoids problems with library
dependencies.