[MPlayer-users] dvdnav-howto.txt obsolete? (was: dvd navigation in mplayer)

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 14:03:57 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 5:49 AM, Christian Ebert <blacktrash at gmx.net> wrote:

> * Henry Garcia on Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 19:33:51 -0400
> > It appears the latest subversions (svn) built with MinGW do
> > support dvdnav. They recently incorporated the souce code for
> > libdvdread and for libdvdnav. They used to be separate from the
> > mplayer tree; but are now included.
>
> Does that mean the advice in DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt has
> become obsolete?

Don't know if it 's obsolete, But the instructions yield the same
subversion of libdvdnav and libdvdread as you would get from
an svn update from mplayer. But you can still use your external
sources: e.g. --disable-dvdread-internal. But what's the point?

I was never able to successfully get a functioning dvdnav in MinGW
until they included the libdvdnav and libdvdread trees. By functioning,
I mean I can use the mplayer dvdnav:// or mplayer dvdnav://1  on the
command line. Still have problems with the menus working with the
keyboard or mouse.