[MPlayer-users] Can anyone confirm this? (Desync when encoding with yadif=1)

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Mon Jun 8 20:34:45 CEST 2009

On 08.06.2009 20:07, Alexander Shaduri wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 19:52:44 +0200 Ilja Sekler <ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
>> The 150ms you mentioned have proved to be the correct adjustment
>> for the perfect sync on a variety of interlaced mpeg2 files here.
>
> Did you arrive to that conclusion experimentally (with a naked eye or
> some measurement techniques), or by looking at the source code?

The former - with my own eyes and trained ears. This is why I can't
contribute anything more useful than the workaround with the -delay
option on the mencoder side.

> And, is that with PAL or NTSC fps and does it matter? (I only have
> PAL DVDs here to test it on).

I used self-made PAL DVDs and remuxed mpeg2 files (DVB-T streams as the
source), I don't have NTSC videos with content which would allow to
examine the sync precisely enough.

--
Regards

Ilja