[MPlayer-users] Compatibility (windows, powerpoint, etc)

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 20:51:20 CEST 2009

Is there a way to encode a sequence of images so that it can be played
inside powerpoint? If I do this:

mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf type=jpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2 -oac
copy -o test.avi

The video plays fine in windows xp without any codec packs installed, but it
is just black inside powerpoint. Any suggestion of which codec to use to get
the most compatibility? I while back I got it to work using mpeg2enc, but it
seems like this should be a straightforward thing to do with mencoder
directly?

A lossless format would be nice... I often use an animated gif of the
images, but sometimes that is not acceptable to the party who needs to view
the video. Is there a mpg/avi format that behaves more like gif - where it
just string the images together with some delay between them?

Thanks,

Dave