[MPlayer-users] SqueezeCenter Installation

C. Andrews Lavarre alavarre at ids.net
Fri Jan 2 04:16:58 CET 2009

I want to have AlienBBC
(http://www.x2systems.com/AlienBBC/installation.html). It depends on
SqueezeCenter (http://www.slimdevices.com/) which in turn depends on
mplayer.

So I need to install mplayer  but have  been totally confounded:

* I tried the RPM
=> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html
==> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/projects.html#unofficial_packages
===>http://packman.links2linux.org/package/128,
both the MPlayer-1.0rc2_r27637-3.pm.3.i586.rpm and the
MPlayer-1.0rc2_r27637-3.pm.3.src.rpm source RPM.

The first comes up with a huge list of unsatisfied dependencies. The
latter disappears somewhere on my 70GB disk, haven't found it yet.

So then I try to download the svn source: svn checkout
svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer

Nothing happens. Yes, I have all the svn modules installed, but it just
hangs.

OK, now try for a tar ball. First check the repository:
	http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/
nothing visible there.

So then I try a bz2 source archive: All kinds of googling, no joy, but
FINALLY I find
http://linux.justinhartman.com/FFmpeg,_FFmpeg-PHP,_Lame,_Libogg,_Libvorbis,_FLVtool2,_Mplayer,_Mencoder,_AMR_Installation#Download_all_the_files_needed

What a joy.

But alas subversion fails again.