[MPlayer-users] missing audio on Wall-E Blu-Ray

Nico Sabbi nicola.sabbi at poste.it
Thu Jan 1 15:48:51 CET 2009

Il giorno gio, 01/01/2009 alle 13.22 +0100, Nico Sabbi ha scritto:
> Il giorno mer, 31/12/2008 alle 19.24 -0500, Eric Sharkey ha scritto:
> > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 5:27 AM, Nico Sabbi <nicola.sabbi at poste.it> wrote:
> > > ahhhhh, that horror in action!
> > > There are 8192 pids in a transport stream and what did those bastard
> > > idiots do? Use a single pid (a substream in the TS) to carry 2 or more
> > > audio streams. Can anyone be more _IDIOT_ , willing or not ?
> > >
> > > I'm not very inclined to support that shit, but if you upload a sample
> > > and if I find some good mood I may give it a look without any promise.
> >
> > Is it really any worse than the whole BluRay DRM fiasco?
> >
> > I've uploaded the first 32MB of the file as walle_start.m2ts.  I'd appreciate
> > anything you can do.  I'd imagine that this affects more than just me.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Eric Sharkey
>
> the good news is that all audio streams play well, although ffdca
> complains of the presence of invalid DCA frames; the bad news is that
> I can't yet find how the second stream is laid out, assuming there *is*
> a second audio stream. I asked clarifications to the ffmpeg-devel

well, I found out that the substreams are identified by the first
byte in the pes_extension2 payload.
The best that can be done is to let the user specify the substream_id
he want to play, because the "right one" isn't qualified in the PMT,
and even so the codec assignment can be wrong for the same reason.

Thank those genial designers for this mess.

Try the attached patch specifying -ausid 0x71