[MPlayer-users] vdpau and menu

Andreas linuxdreas at dslextreme.com
Thu Feb 19 13:25:44 CET 2009

Am Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2009 16:58:17 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Florian Weyandt <weyandt <at> gmx.net> writes:
> > Without MENU enabled:
> > Sample works. No freezes
>
> So it seems I'm the only one having problems...
> I forgot to ask:
> Which graphic card are you using?

With mplayer svn 28624, I get the infamous "green screen" when I try to play the file. The error messages:
[vdpau] Failed VDPAU decoder rendering: The display was pre-empted, or a fatal error occurred.
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_presentation_queue_block_until_surface_idle: An invalid handle value was provided.
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_video_mixer_render: An invalid handle value was provided.
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_presentation_queue_display: An invalid handle value was provided.
[vdpau] Failed VDPAU decoder rendering: An invalid handle value was provided.
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_presentation_queue_block_until_surface_idle: An invalid handle value was provided.

When I try nvidia's patched mplayer (version 3482714), the file plays. No problems.

Between the two builds I see a  difference in mplayer's output regarding vdpau:
svn 28624:  VDec: using H.264 VDPAU acceleration as output csp (no 0)
nvidia-build: VDec: using H.264 HIGH VDPAU acceleration as output csp (no 2)

This is with an integrated graphics card GeForce 8200.
Xorg reports it as "NVIDIA GPU GeForce 8200 (C77) at PCI:2:0:0 (GPU-0)"

--
Gruß
Andreas