[MPlayer-users] bug: weird time reported while playing flac files

Paride Legovini legovini at spiro.fisica.unipd.it
Wed Feb 18 23:25:36 CET 2009

Using the last svn mplayer (SVN-r28653-4.3.3), flac files are correctly
played, but the time is not shown as it should be. The time doesn't
start from 0, but from a value that changes when playing different files
(typical: ~1s). Than, when this bogus time is reached by the real
playback time, it begins counting, but in a weird manner: the 1/10th of
second are not really 1/10th, and sometimes the shown time starts
oscillating around a given value for some fractions of a second.
I didn't notice any error in mplayer's output (even with -v).

There's no problem while playing mp3, ogg or wav.

I add some additional information about my system:

Linux moth 2.6.29-rc5 #4 SMP PREEMPT Wed Feb 18 21:43:46 CET 2009 i686
Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU L2500 @ 1.83GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

libc-2.9
gcc version 4.3.3 (GCC)
GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.19.1.20090205
GNU assembler (GNU Binutils) 2.19.1.20090205

If you need additional informations just ask.

Thank you.
p.