[MPlayer-users] Disable audio when using "." to step forward in a movie

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 16 20:24:55 CET 2009

Reimar Do"ffinger wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 06:59:23PM +0100, Reimar Do"ffinger wrote:
>> Well, there is also e.g. OSS and JACK, I think they don't have the
>> issue.
>> I also made a patch for that ALSA issue a long time ago (long enough
>> that I neither have it on hand nor do I know what issues it had - it
>> should be in the -dev-eng archives somewhere though).
>
> Correction: I made the patch for OSS and it was already applied.
> You can try attached patch for ALSA, though it will not help for e.g.
> AC3 passthrough.

Sorry if my question is not directly related to this, but my previous
message left unnoticed and you were touching OSS.

I have noticed problems with resuming AC3 stream after pausing it on
FreeBSD with snd_hda driver. The reason is that for AC3 stream mplayer
for some reason does not set stream speed on resume. Was it made
intentional and why?

Thanks.

--
Alexander Motin