[MPlayer-users] Request For Assistance

Sarah Lane slane30 at usa.com
Mon Feb 9 14:54:02 CET 2009

Dear Reimar Döffinger

Thank you! Basically, I am having issues with the eject. I have limited mobility with my arms, and use automated software & voice activited dictation to help me converse, surf, and watch movies & tv :) !

But, I am also a Geek Tempress as well. ;) I love the versatility of MPLAYER to play many formats. I have tons of old videos, and films over years on MPEG, AVI, and many old codec formats. I also play from a huge collection of DVDs.

The biggest gripe I have is when I want to stop my movie, I use the eject button because it is much easier for me to stop my movie this way and get the disc out of the player. But when I do that, MPLAYER basically locks up and I cannot get rid of the <PLEASE ISNERT DISC> button/window that comes up.

Anyhow, I work with a friend who helps me 'peer programming', and after some great attempts, no luck has been successful in trying to fix this. That is why I am asking for a patch, to see if this problem can be solved.

IT would be very gracious if you know how, or can help me with a simple patch for the latest version to fix the Eject button issue.

This requirement simplified would be:

*When pressing the eject button *while* the DVD is playing MPLAYER must shut down & close process without any windows pop-ups. :)

Best wishes, Sara :)

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses