[MPlayer-users] What's the status of ogg theora/vorbis output in mencoder?

Miro Kropacek miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 13:06:45 CET 2009

> Where did you get -fafmttag 55 from? Going by etc/codecs.conf (search
> for vorbis), the right tag is -fafmttag 0x566F

I guess from some net forums. Too bad your value doesn't make any difference
:/ It's again rolling messages:

Too many video packets in the buffer: (2044 in 33560585 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.

And then a lot of skipping frame messages and both video and audio doesn't
work at all. I even tried that -ni option but with the same result. Is it
theora/vorbis really such badly supported?

Greetings,
Miro Kropacek