[MPlayer-users] Slave mode does not qork!!! Help needed!

Néstor Amigo Cairo nestorac at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 11:00:46 CEST 2008

Hi!!

Slave mode does not work for me on Linux, MPlayer-1.0rc2 compiled by
default, nor with 1:1.0-rc1svn20070225-0.3etch1 on
www.debian-multimedia.org.
Am I doing something wrong?? I use the following command:

mplayer -slave -really-quiet /home/nestor/PIONER\ II\ en\ Plaza\
Septiembre\ 2008_0004.wmv

I have also tried with -input file=/tmp/fifo, and so on, with no luck.
Ok, it works from the pipe, not from the console.

The main problem is that I am trying to use it embedded in an
application with WID, but when it gets the focus, it works from the
keyboard, and that's not the behaviour I wanted. I want it to work
just from the buttons on the application, not from keyboard directly.
For example, if I press TAB to move through the buttons on the
interface, the movie seeks forwards. If I press SPACE to press a
button to change the volume, the video pauses, and then it changes
it's volume. This happens only when I have the mouse over the video,
but it's not always possible to move the pointer (I'm using it in an
only-keyboard computer).

Any ideas?? I have tried what is on the following post, with no luck:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2007-December/070497.html

Thanks!!

--
Néstor