[MPlayer-users] Piping audio to a different device

Ergzay ergzay at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 02:25:11 CEST 2008

I am trying to use mplayer to pipe audio from a video through a script
that plays the audio on a special device. The problem though is that
mplayer seems to internally turn off audio-video sync when i use -ao
pcm:file=<file> (which is the only way I've found of making mplayer
output the audio to something other than the audio out device, I'm on
mac os x btw). Is there some other way out outputting the audio or
some way of forcing mplayer back into audio-video sync instead of
trying to decode the video as fast as possible.