[MPlayer-users] mkv & subtiles inside - cannot change encodings

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Sat Oct 25 00:27:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Saturday 25 October 2008 02:01, Mikle Krutov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While playing .mkv file with some non-unicode encoded subtitle
> inside (e.g. koi8, cp1251, etc) i cannot switch encoding of the
> sub (with -subcp option), anyway it doesn't display correctly

What version of mplayer do you use? I have some matroska files with
cp1251/koi8r subtitles embedded, no problems with them. Can you
provide a samples?

I use "-subcp enca:ru:cp1251". My mplayer revision is 27795. And I
suggest you to stick to svn head always. (Well, at the moment svn
head is broken, use <=27820 or just wait for a while.)

--
Best regards,
Andrew