[MPlayer-users] Stitched video file has no audio and no timecode

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Oct 9 20:48:52 CEST 2008

On Thursday, 09 October 2008 at 20:32, Anthony Castillon wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, Dominik.

You're welcome. However, you should follow the posting etiquette on this mailing
list if you want to receive further replies. See the top of this page:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/mailing_lists.html for more details.
In short, you're top-replying, your lines are too long and your mail client
breaks threading.

> I actually stumbled into mencoder while looking for a solution to concatenate
> multiple wmv files into a single wmv file.
>
> I simplified my command to remove the -lavcopts argument:
> mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -o <output file path> <list of files to merge>
>
> However, I'm still not getting any audio in the merged output.

As I said, it's possible that MEncoder doesn't handle merging ASF files well,
but without seeing the output of the above command (with -v added), it's hard
to say what's going on.

> I read about ffmpeg too.  However, I read somewhere that you have to encode
> the input files to mpg and concatenate them, then reencode the concatenated
> file to wmv.  Is this true?

Of course not.

Regards,
R.