[MPlayer-users] Stitched video file has no audio and no timecode

Anthony Castillon anthony_castillon at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 20:43:31 CEST 2008

I'm assuming the files created by our broadcast team were created using the same audio codec; I'm trying to get additional information from them though.

What would be the reason why the audio in the individual files play properly in WMP 10 but not the audio in the merged file?  I'm just thinking this might be due to differences in audio codec among the input files?  Are there other reasons?

I have very basic knowledge of codec stuff since I'm just picking up the knowledge now for the project I'm doing at work.  I just want to have a better grasp of what I need to do.

Thanks.
Anthony