[MPlayer-users] Synchronizing multiple instance of Mplayer over the network

Jose Tavares jaatavaresf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 03:08:42 CET 2008

curious topic ...
i was discussing exactly about this with 2 colleages and yesterday i joined
the list.
now, i found your message...

in my research i found something interesting ..
Using the tilesort SPU, Chromium can provide 3d acceleration over the entire
DMX display (consisting of multiple machines).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xdmx

have you looked for xdmx?
i think you can do the same running just 1 mplayer, xdmx and chromium ..

your idea was the first solution that came to my mind too ..