[MPlayer-users] Mplayer does not play sound from TV

Horváth Csaba horvathcsabalaszlo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 13:34:17 CET 2008

I have re-compiled Mplayer, and it says this when opening TV : (see below)...

I wonder, why is "Audio:No sound"... I have sound from TV card in other TV
apps...

Thaks for help, if someone has an idea...

Csaba Horvath

"
Playing tv://.
TV file format detected.
Selected driver: v4l2
 name: Video 4 Linux 2 input
 author: Martin Olschewski <olschewski at zpr.uni-koeln.de>
 comment: first try, more to come ;-)
Selected device: BT878 video (AVerMedia TVPhone
 Tuner cap:
 Tuner rxs: LANG1 LANG2
 Capabilites:  video capture  video overlay  VBI capture device  tuner
read/write  streaming
 supported norms: 0 = PAL; 1 = PAL-M; 2 = PAL-N; 3 = PAL-Nc; 4 = PAL-60; 5 =
NTSC; 6 = SECAM;
 inputs: 0 = Television; 1 = Composite1; 2 = S-Video;
 Current input: 0
 Current format: YVU420
v4l2: current audio mode is : MONO
xscreensaver_disable: Could not find XScreenSaver window.
Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
VDec: vo config request - 640 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xv] 640x480 => 640x480 Planar YV12
Selected video codec: [rawyv12] vfm: raw (RAW YV12)
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
V:   0.0  83/ 83 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
v4l2: 85 frames successfully processed, 0 frames dropped.

Exiting... (Quit)