[MPlayer-users] Mplayer does not play sound from TV

Horváth Csaba horvathcsabalaszlo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 10:06:29 CET 2008

Hello!

I have a Bt8x8 based TV-card, which works fine with Tvtime, but i cannot get
sound from it with Mplayer (i would record from TV with Mencoder, but there
is no sound with it, too).

I have tried different v4l2-settings with mplayer, like forceaudio, amode,
lang options, but i cannot get sound.
If i start a sound recorder when watching TV with Mplayer, i can record TV
sound from line in. (The TV card gives sound to the soundcard's line in).
The sound card is a Reatek HD Audio card, and works fine with any other sound
app.

Can anyone help me to solve the problem?

Thanks,

Csaba Horvath