[MPlayer-users] Help: Can't play mp3 stream via http

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Nov 2 16:00:23 CET 2008

On Sunday 02 November 2008 15:24, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 12:42:25PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 11:16:41AM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
wrote:

> > > Confirmed, albeit with an older snapshot. As a workaround, you can try
> > > this: wget -q -O - http://france-info1.creacast.com/france-info.mp3 |
> > > mplayer -cache 2048 -
> >
> > Does it work with e.g. WinAmp?
>
> Winamp can not play it either, so I'd say it is just broken.
> Either that is intentional or they are just really stupid (well, maybe
> both).

I tried it on Firefox on Fedora core 2, and it opens a window asking if I want
to download file, or use default Realplayer to play it, Realplayer plays the
stream, but at 64kbps, and I only get about 5secs of play before it stops.

This could be because I'm on dialup, and it looks like it needs broadband.

I also tried it on Firefox on Kubuntu 8.04, and here Mplayerplugin opens, and
I get a short bit of audio, but less than on FC2.

Realplayer on FC2, is the one I installed from the Realmedia site, and is
version 10

Realplayer on Kubuntu 8.04, is part of the Mplayerplug-in pkg, and is version
9.

Just a couple of observations.

Nigel.