[MPlayer-users] Help: Can't play mp3 stream via http

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 2 17:30:45 CET 2008

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 11:16:41AM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> Does it work with e.g. WinAmp?

I don't know.
It usually plays with Flash and I got the mp3 address by looking with wireshark at the traffic
generated by Flash in Firefox.

This is the page if you want to try

http://www.france-info.com/

> They use some custom shoutcast clone that unfortunately is horribly
> broken, e.g. it expect the whole HTTP header to be in a single TCP
> packet (i.e. impossible to test with telnet).
> It also treats "Icy-MetaData: 0" as "Icy-MetaData: 1"
> You can either modify stream/network.c to remove the line with
> Icy-MetaData or hack the binary via e.g.
> sed -e 's/Icy-MetaData: 1/Xcy-MetaData: 0/' < mplayer > mplayermod
> Then it plays, but no metadata then.

Would you be able to detail exactly what is the wrong (and what would be the correct "html") so that
I try to tell them to fix it?

Thanks

Andrea