[MPlayer-users] survive suspend

Justin Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Tue May 27 06:20:18 CEST 2008

Hello; I have two questions:
When playing a DVD and then performing a suspend during playback,
upon wakeup the DVD becomes unaligned.
Hopefully I can explain what is happening: upon wakeup the disk drive
takes a few seconds to do whatever it needs to do, meanwhile mplayer
starts playback
but after a few seconds becomes distorted due to the disk drive being
out of sync with the movie.
So my question is: Is there a way to have mplayer pause itself after
waking up from suspend and wait for the disk drive
to do whatever it does before starting playback of the movie, so that
the DVD doesn't become distorted or misaligned.?

The second question probably doesn't have anything to do with mplayer,
but hopefully I can be directed in the right location for this:
when watching T.V. or a movie, whenever I open a terminal and grab the
terminal and move the terminal anywhere on the screen the movie will
pause.
Now a while back I did mysteriously have no pauses,(had something
configured right, or a plugin) but could never figure out what is
responsible for making that work.
So the question is: How to not have video playback pause when moving a
terminal shell?
Any help would be appreciated.
regards;
--