[MPlayer-users] Still not able to use pchdtv-3000 card

C W cphilw at gmail.com
Thu May 15 17:41:24 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 18:20:22 Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it> wrote:

>On Wednesday 14 May 2008 18:13:04 C W wrote:
>
>> >cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > dump.ts
>> >wait a couple of minutes, then ^C
>> >and upload dump.ts to ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming
>> >posting here the name of the file
>>
>> Hi, I tried that, and the file was empty.  I made sure I have read
>> permission on dvr0 (I suppose it would have told me if I didn't
>> anyway). Another item, I found that I can record using an
>> application from an Australian programmer called "Me TV".  So, if
>> I'm desperate I've got something, but I like for things to work.
>> (BTW, I'm seldom desperate, there's not that much on TV that I care
>> about anyway, which is why I'm not trying out mythTV.)
>>
>> And thanks for taking the time to try and help me.
>> -Carl
>
>did you append -r to the command line in azap?
>did you try dvbstream from dvbtools.sf.net ?
>You are simply tuning your channel but not recording it (-r )

I was using azap -r. Usually, I'd use xine to watch a channel called ENCORE
in the channels.conf (it's usually one of the strongest signals), once I
was sure that worked, I'd stop xine, and start 'azap -r ENCORE' in an xterm
window, and try mplayer in another xterm window.

I tried downloading dvbstream, and compiled it, but I don't understand how
to use it.  I don't know what I'm supposed to use for a pid.  Should I have
-vsb 8 or -vsb 16?  Should I have azap running in a separate window?  When
I tried it, it didn't complain, but it didn't produce a dump file either.
This was version v0.7.

I see you're from Italy Mr. Sabbi, so I'll just mention that one of the
programs I do like to record is "Inspector Montalbano", we get him
occasionally
here in San Francisco off of KCSM in San Mateo, with subtitles.  First Crime
show I've really liked since "Perry Mason" back in the 60s.