[MPlayer-users] font file attachments in Matroska files

Duane Evenson duane-maillists at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 18 21:23:52 CET 2008

Is there a way I can direct mplayer to automatically use the fonts
included in the mkv file as attachments.
Right now I use mkvmerge to identify the attachments. Then I use
mkvextract to get the font attachments. Finally I move the fonts to
~/.fonts.
Now I'm able to play the movie with the correct subtitle font.
It is a pain doing this all the time and some automated solution within
mplayer would be nice if it isn't there already.