[MPlayer-users] mencoder skipping frame messages

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Sat Mar 15 00:19:27 CET 2008

Hello,

I have an Trekstor i.Beat motion MP3/video player and I use mencoder to
transform AVI files into a format this device can play.

However, I get continueing "skipping frame!" messages when using
mencoder. Is "skipping frame" something that should worry one? Can it
be ignored? Does it mean that informations (frames) get lost?

Thanx in advance

This command was given by the Trekstor support:

mencoder drhouse.avi -o drhouse.ibeat.avi -ofps 18 -vf-add
scale=220:176, -vf-add expand=220:176:-1:-1:1,rotate=2,flip -srate
44100 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
bitrate=400:max_bframes=0:quant_type=h263:me_quality=0 -oac
lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate=64