[MPlayer-users] Really weird behavior with mplayer and audio streaming of an mms://

missivestoadrian-vxml at yahoo.com missivestoadrian-vxml at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 22:04:42 CET 2008

Hi:

I'm trying to stream the archived audio:

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/confcall/streetevents/SIG=133sfgkdp/*http%3a//web.servicebureau.net/conf/meta?i=1112969809&c=2343&m=was&u=/w_ccbn.xsl&date_ticker=VLTR

referenced from: http://biz.yahoo.com/cc/8/88618.html

On windows XMP, my Windows Media Player plays the
stream just fine (the audio is of people talking on a
conference call).

Using MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.1, however (either Windows XP
or FC6 (Zod)), I get silence, followed sometimes by
weird elevator music, followed by some audio of people
talking (it seems to happen with all such links on the
biz.yahoo.com/cc site). It's very, very, strange.

The exact command line arguments I'm using is:

URL="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/confcall/streetevents/SIG=133sfgkdp/*http%3a//web.servicebureau.net/conf/meta?i=1112969809&c=2343&m=was&u=/w_ccbn.xsl&date_ticker=VLTR"

mplayer -nocache -playlist $URL

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,