[MPlayer-users] configure --disable-network fails on make

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 13 23:31:22 CET 2008

Alexander Bokovikov wrote:

> John Brown wrote:
>
>> Run 'make distclean' before running configure.
>
> Just have tried it. No luck. Just the same result.
>
> The log is here:
> http://home.bokovikov.com/mplayer/bug/disable-network-2.txt
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Try the attached patch. It allows mplayer to be compiled, but I am
not sure what other effect it has. I would have expected that
'mplayer http://website.com/path/to/movie.mpg' would give a
message like:
'no stream found to handle url http://', but that does not seem to be
the case. Anyway, maybe my understanding is wrong.

If it does what you want, I will submit it to the Powers That Be.