[MPlayer-users] Dvb-t in Norway: audio works, video is wrong

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 11:58:36 CET 2008

Steven Ellis wrote:

> On Tue, March 11, 2008 13:37, Øyvind Ottestad wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I live in Norway and have recorded a clip from my dvb-t card and
>> uploaded it to ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/:
>> dvbtnorway_1.ts. The audio works perfectly, while the picture lags
>> behind the sound, when playing the clip with the March 10th
>> checkout.
>>
>> Are there any options I can use in mplayer to make the picture sync
>> with the sound?

Is the desync constant, or does it change over time?

If the former, read the man page on the '-delay' option.

If the latter, the usual cause is an incorrect frame rate; you might
have success trying different values for the '-fps' option.

> Looks like the file has already been moved as I couldn't grab it to
> compare with my NZ captures.

Probably this is not the case. That directory is write-only; in order to
see any files there, you have to be logged in with a non-anonymous
account. This is intended as a way to prevent the server from being used
as a warez dump.

--
    The Wanderer

    My usual .sig is on vacation while I adjust to my new computer