[MPlayer-users] mplayer ogm subtitles

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Mar 1 20:36:39 CET 2008

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 14:13:31 -0500
Brian Black <fearpi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.1.3, from the Ubuntu Gutsy repositories. I
> have the following problems with .ogm files that I don't have with
> others (for example, .mkv files):
>
> 1) Softsubs are rendered without libass, even when libass is specified.

Are you sure they are ASS subs and not SRT or something similar?
Anyways, read bugreports.html

> 2) Hardsubs (idx/sub files) aren't always rendered correctly. I have one
> file with subtitles that should be white with a black outline, or yellow
> with a black outline, but all the colors are white and it looks like a
> big text-shaped white blob.

These are softsubs too, but are called picture or vobsub (instead of textsub).
No, rc2 does not support colour rendingering of vobsubs. (no idea whether
svn does yet)

> 3) I can't switch audio streams with the # key. I can specify on the
> command line -aid 0 or -aid 1, and that works, but I can't switch while
> playing.

Missing feature. Send patch.

				Attila Kinali

--
The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to