[MPlayer-users] mplayer ogm subtitles

Brian Black fearpi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 20:13:31 CET 2008

I'm using MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.1.3, from the Ubuntu Gutsy repositories. I
have the following problems with .ogm files that I don't have with
others (for example, .mkv files):

1) Softsubs are rendered without libass, even when libass is specified.
2) Hardsubs (idx/sub files) aren't always rendered correctly. I have one
file with subtitles that should be white with a black outline, or yellow
with a black outline, but all the colors are white and it looks like a
big text-shaped white blob.
3) I can't switch audio streams with the # key. I can specify on the
command line -aid 0 or -aid 1, and that works, but I can't switch while
playing.

Anyone else experience this?

--
Brian Black