[MPlayer-users] Variable FPS to Fixed FPS

Valeriu Palos valeriu at palos.ro
Sat Jun 21 17:49:28 CEST 2008

I have a WMV file with variable bitrate (mplayer -identify shows
1000.000 fps). How do I convert this file into a fixed FPS movie (I
would prefer a raw uncompressed format so I can further process it
later)? I tried

mplayer file.wmv -nosound -vo yuv4mpeg -benchmark

but the resulting stream.yuv file has a FPS of 1.67! And even so, it
doesn't seem to have (at all) converted the variable times between the
original frames into new (empty) frames in the target.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!