[MPlayer-users] Perfect recipe for B&W Classics

CD Baric cdbaric at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 01:45:10 CEST 2008

First of all, Thank You for replying so quickly AND bringing my
attention to the mencoder-users list (I didn't know it existed).

As for your statement that B&W movies are to be treated the same as
normal colour movies seems contra intuitive. I would expect B&W video
to work best with a specialized codec.

I know my results tried over the years are not that great even at very
high bit-rates compared to other rippers (Windows). This is in
contrast to the truly excellent results I have had with colour rips
(thanks guys).

I will try bugging the mencoder list to see what they have to say.

Best regards

CD Baric