[MPlayer-users] Can't obtain mp2 Joint Stereo with mencoder

Ankit Jain ankit_jain at ureach.com
Wed Jun 11 10:51:11 CEST 2008

Agreed. But I require MPEG Layer 2 Audio only. Twolame gives me
MP3 only. How do I specify twolame to give MP2? It does not have
any option like acodec

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, RC (cooleyr at gmail.com) wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:59:41 -0400
"Ankit Jain"  wrote:

> However by default it gives true stereo i.e. 128 kbps for left
> channel and 128 kbps for right channel. What option do I need
> put in to obtain joint stereo? So that I get 128 kbps for left
> and right combined

Don't use lavc's MP2 audio codec...  Twolame is much higher
quality,
doesn't have the a/v sync problems that lavc exhibits, and is
fully
configurable.