[MPlayer-users] Timecode

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Tue Jun 10 23:55:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

Is there any way of reading (in mplayer) or setting (in mencoder) timecode
in AVI files? The type of timecode I'm referring to is stored usually toward
the end of the file as ASCII characters shortly after a sequence reading, in
ASCII, Tdattc_0. It is often referred to as Premiere timecode because it's
used by Adobe Premiere. Presumably Tdat and tc_0 are IDs within the AVI file
structure but I'm not very sure about the low level technical stuff.

I have written windows script files to recover this information; it's pretty
easy to find, but needless to say the windows script host procedures for
reading files aren't much good on AVIs over a few megs in length. It would
be enormously useful to be able to read this information in mplayer.

What would I have to pay someone to implement this? I can provide example
files.

Thanks,