[MPlayer-users] Annoying freezes

Sun Jul 27 22:08:04 CEST 2008

Hi Salatiel Filho!

 On 2008.07.27 at 12:37:06 -0300, Salatiel Filho wrote next:

> i am using MPlayer dev-SVN-r27120-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team ,
> and when i am watching a movie it locks the video playback for 1 or 2
> seconds each minute. I mean the audio keeps playing  while the image
> is freeze. Any idea why this can be hapenning ?

This can be related both to the movie and video card / driver. Also,
sometimes (rarely though) to overheating problems.

Does it happen in every movie? If it happens with the only specific one,
does it happen always when you're playing it? Do freezes happen in the
same frames or just randomly?

> I am using gentoo + compiz + nvidia drivers. I tried to disable compiz
> , but still the same problem. Thanks.

Do freezes happen with -vo xv? With -vo gl:yuv=2? With -vo x11?
Do they happen both in fullscreen and windowed mode?
Does mplayer have enough cpu resources while playing the movie (you can
check this looking at mplayer's status line in the terminal or with top
in another terminal)

--

Vladimir