[MPlayer-users] mplayer video suddenly gone

Russell Behne rwbehne1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 21:56:14 CEST 2008

On 7/24/08, Krzysztof Duchnowski <amidk75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Russell Behne pisze:
>>> Russell> I first noticed the problem last night when I tried to
>>> unsuccessfully
>>> Russell> watch an .mov video on this page: http://tinyurl.com/6rcs5s in
>>> my
>>> Russell> browser.
>
>>> With mplayerplug-in?
>>> Anyway, show the log of;
>>> # mplayer -v some.avi
>
>> I ran the command as:
>>         mplayer -v drumhead.avi > avi.log
>> and attached the output to this post.
>
>> Also, be advised that I had tried removing and reinstalling the
>> mplayer package, but it made no difference.
>

> So... when did you installed "Compiz"?
>
>> [xv] compiz composited output not available

Over a year ago.  The board fried, so I removed it reverting to the
on-board video that is on the motherboard.  That made 3d go away, but
everything else was still working fine, including watching the .avi
files in mplayer.  The bad 3d video board was removed a week or so
before this problem started.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Russ.