[MPlayer-users] Build for OS2008

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Tue Jul 1 10:09:27 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 01 July 2008, Drew Kerwin wrote:
> Sorry, I'm not much of a linux person (I'll be sure to change my ways
> soon...) so I'm not sure if your commenting on the use of Red Hat or
> truly asking a question...
>
> However, do you know how to compile the source for maemo?

I suspect you need to do it inside the maemo sdk.

Additionally, the maemo MPlayer seems to have some sort of support for
hw accelerated mp3 decoding and some extra VOs that mainline MPlayer
does not have, so compiling plain rc2 probably wouldn't give you any
usable MPlayer anyway.

Might be an idea to see if you can find the MPlayer sourcecode on
maemo.org and examine what they've changed, etc.